15 March 2012

TED Talks - Filmmakers



          A week or so ago, I shared a link to a TED talk about viral videos.  I don't know much about TED other than it stands for "technology, entertainment, design" and they set up conferences where cool people say cool stuff.

          The other day I stumbled upon a website that had grouped 7 TED talks given by various filmmakers.  I really don't have much to say about them, really, except for the first 2 are the best.  Andrew Stanton, director of WALL•E and John Carter, compared story telling to joke telling.  Everything in a joke leads up to the punchline.  Stories should be the same way:  everything in it should lead to the resolution.  JJ Abrams explained how mystery brings in and holds an audience.

          James Cameron was kind of boring until the very end.  And Morgan Spurlock, while interesting, didn't really say anything "profound" or "inspiring".  And the other two guys weren't even interesting enough for me to pay attention.

          So, just thought I would share that with ya.  And that's about it.

     Oh yea.  HERE is the link.



     But that's just my opinion...



No comments:

Post a Comment