24 December 2012

Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1964)


          Essential plot rundown:  Being a martian sucks so they decide to kidnap Santa Claus.  I got this thinking it was going to be some cheesy, campy fun.  But it wasn't fun, not at all.

          A lot of movies are so bad that they are good, they are fun to watch.  But this one was just flat out bad; I've had more fun clipping my toenails.  There were only a few parts that that made me laugh and now I can't even remember what they were.  And one of the martians reminded me of Rob Schneider.


          Santa Claus Conquers the Martians is in the public domain, so anybody can make copies and sell it.  And the version I got was horrible; everything was basically one color.  And for only being 1 hour and 20 minutes, it felt as long as An Unexpected Journey; I was bored about 10 minutes into the movie.  But, on the plus side, it ended in a type of sing-a-long; so that was kind of cool.

This is cool, right?

          So, overall, don't watch this movie.  I personally like watching bad movies and laughing at them; but SCCtM was just painful.  Well, I guess if you're a sadist, buy this movie for some kid for Christmas and then watch their delight turn to horror.  Actually, that doesn't sound like a bad idea...


     But that's just my opinion...






No comments:

Post a Comment